Since our recertification of the ISO 20000 accreditation, we thought it’d be a good idea to provide a summary of what this means.
ISO 20000 is the international standard for quality management, specifically focused around IT service management, and ensures they are compliant. It’s the standard all IT service providers are challenged to attain and maintain.
Wellington IT is dedicated to improving and developing our processes to best support our customers. This certification helps us benchmark how we deliver and improve our services.
There are many benefits of implementing the ISO 20000 standard, but here are a few key ones:
- It allows for better alignment between IT services and the customers they support.
- It defines strict roles and responsibilities of all processes, removing any potential bottlenecks.
- An IT company with an ISO 20000 still isn’t very common, so it can be a key differentiator between companies in the market.
- The updated ISO 20000 nods towards a more agile way of working, favouring “working software” over documentation.
- It allows us access to additional material on security management and managing suppliers and the business.
“Achieving ISO 20000 certification can help your organisation improve its services, create a framework for independent assessment and demonstrate an ability to meet customer requirements. It also give your organisation a competitive advantage, as it demonstrates your reliability and high quality of service” - itgovernance.co.uk
Finally, we’d like to say a big thank you to all of our staff, who put in a lot of effort to achieving this recertification!